Sunday 1 June 2008

Do great Netminders win their teams the Stanley Cup- A look at this years two starting goalies.






















Chris Osgood
Has Chris Osgood finally moved out of MIke Vernons Shadow?

Wings' Osgood delivers command performance
by Graham Couch Kalamazoo Gazette
Tuesday May 27, 2008, 3:29 AM

Two games into the series, Detroit's goaltender is perfect -- none of the Penguins' 41 shots have passed him.
Monday's 3-0 shutout in Game 2, on the heels of Saturday's 4-0 victory, makes Osgood the fourth goalie in National Hockey League history to open the Stanley Cup finals with consecutive shutouts.
New Jersey's Martin Brodeur was the last to do it in 2003. The 1945 Toronto Maple Leafs began with three scoreless wins and the 1926 Montreal Maroons also accomplished the back-to-back feat.
"I had no idea, to be honest with you," said Osgood, who extended his scoreless streak to 137 minutes, 33 seconds, dating back to the third period of Game 6 of the Western Conference finals. "I try not to think about that or other (historical) things. If I do happen to pass things, I usually don't know about it. I like it that way. I need to be told after. I like to keep my mind on the game and what I have to do during the game, and not let my mind wander to things that really matter the most when I'm done playing."

But is Osgood Great?

No comments:



Child Initiated Blog/Research Projects:

If as adults we believe that sustained thinking, possibility thinking, questioning and interacting with the world are key skills that ultimately allow children to become great learners moving on from being better at learning, shouldn’t we allow for some part the children the opportunity of have complete autonomy over what they study, how they apply and display their understanding of the skills we teach and model to them.

About Me

My photo
Very Proud Husband and Father. A fan of Battle of the Planet and the Borough Market area of London.